Begin bleaching at the back of the area and work toward hairline.
Apply bleach and proceed as for Frosting.
CLAIROL SUN TIPS
A Quick, Easy Method for Lightening Hair At The Hairline
1. Part hair lengthwise, beginning in front center of the head. Part off
section ⅛ inch wide and 2½ inches in length. Hold strand up vertically from head.
- Place a Fashion Foil or a piece of aluminum foil, folded in a tri
angle, in back of strand.
- Apply bleach with a brush beginning ½ inch away from scalp.
- Close foil and fold to scalp.
- Part off a second strand ½ to 1 inch away from the first. The closer
the strands the lighter the final effect. Apply bleach to second
strand and continue parting and applying bleach until you reach
the ear. Then proceed on the other side. If you wish, you can extend
bleaching to back of head.
- Remove foils in the same order that they were applied when hair is
sufficiently bleached. To hasten bleaching action, you can adjust
a hairnet loosely over the head and put patron under dryer for
five minutes or more.
- Rinse each individual section in soapy water to remove bleach
when hair has lightened enough. This preliminary rinsing keeps
the bleach from spreading and lightening remainder of hair.
- Now apply Clairol toner according to directions, to bleached
strands only, if toning is desired.
- Finally rinse hair thoroughly and shampoo after toning or pre
Part hair lengthwise. Place a piece of aluminum foil, folded into a triangle, in back of strand.
STREAKING WITH BLUE LIGHTENING
1. Part off strands of hair to be lightened and fasten them with a
clip or bobby pins. The usual amount of hair for each streak is a strand ½ inch in width and 1 to 2 inches in length.
- Protect hair behind each strand by applying heavy cream sham
poo, reconditioning oil or any heavy hair cream. For additional
protection, place a piece of cotton behind strands to be bleached.
- Place a Blue Lightening Fashion Foil or a square of aluminum foil
beneath the strand.
- Apply bleach to strand, starting ½ inch away from scalp. If ends
are damaged do not apply to ends until later.
- Fold foil to cover strand and repeat procedure for remainder of
- Allow bleach to develop, checking frequently, until strands have
reached golden blonde stage.
- Now apply bleach to hair near scalp and to ends, if they have
been excluded. Close foil and allow bleach to develop until the
hair is light enough.
- Unwrap streaks one by one. Dip each streak in a dish of soapy
water as you unwrap to remove bleach and to avoid bleaching
remainder of head.
- If toning is desired, apply Clairol toner according to directions
to bleached sections.
10. Rinse hair and shampoo at shampoo board.
Part off a few strands of hair around face about l/ 2inch in width and 1 to 2 inches in length.